One of my favorite pasttimes on the weekends is waking up, brewing my morning coffee, and spending a decent amount of time on Pinterest. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, please check it out - it is an amazing website for people to share their ideas, dreams, recipes, and more(www.pinterest.com). ANYWAY. I was cruising down the everything tab and am seeing all of these motivational beauty things for women. "love yourself the way you are" type of thing. There are many women in the world that need to hear those kinds of messages. Here are a few examples I found:
And it really makes me sad. Sometimes to the point of sick. There are so many things like this out there that don't need to be. Our society has caused women to think that what they were born with is not good enough. Even my dearest Christian friends who are strong in their faith and love God, hate pieces of their body. For those friends, I say, cherish the body the Lord gave you. I know I said this before in a previous blog, but at the end of your life when you die, your body is left behind.
Ultimately, it is more important to treat your body well for the Bible says that your body is a temple. Shoving plastic in your face, chest, or butt will not attract those who deserve your attention. The person made for you will love you regardless. And now I am starting to sound like those motivational posters. Here is what we should be saying to women and especially young teens:
I'll take my leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment