Wednesday, December 12, 2012

second chances.

Back to Facebook and back to blogging? Eh, we'll see. I'm notorious for leaving projects unfinished. Maybe somewhere in the back of my mind, I like knowing that I'll always have something to do.

Lately, I've been putting my life into perspective. I'm a busy little bee that doesn't make time for friends, or even make new friends at this point. I'm what people call a homebody or an old married lady. For awhile I struggled with the idea that I wasn't acting my age, and that somehow my life was passing me by. I have come to the realization that my life isn't passing by as I idly watch; rather, I am HAPPY in where I am in my life. I go out often enough to see the people I love, who have become mostly family and maybe one or two friends, and I am perfectly happy sitting at home with my husband watching TV.

This realization has given me perspective on many other things, but the one in particular that I have been focusing on is the falling outs. I'm still at a young enough age where the friends that I might have broken ties with on bad terms are still a bit sensitive to the touch. It wasn't until I read a blog post from my best friend Tiffany that it became apparent what I had to do. No. What I WANTED to do.

Some people don't believe in second chances. I am a rare breed that believes in sixth and seventh chances. If you hurt me or things end badly, I'll most likely be the one to break the barrier and attempt to clear the air. With that said, there are a couple of people on my mind that I am going to clear the air with. Thanks to Tiffany's advice, the goal is not to worry about their reception of my reaching out. It is simply to reach out and know that I am doing so with pure intentions.

At one point, I couldn't combine my groups of friends because too many people didn't get along. (A light bulb is going off in my head as to why I keep so few friends these days.) I am fortunate to have already cleared the air with one friend and am excited to take this loving Christian person I claim to be and actually BE it.

What are you afraid to be? What is holding you back from the person you know you are deep inside? Shed the fears that you won't be accepted or that your current clique will reject you. In the big scheme of things, what really matters is fulfilling YOUR happiness and not the happiness others expect of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment